Thursday, May 19, 2016

One Block Wonder quilt.

During the last few weeks I have fallen in love with new-to-me techniques for making quilts.
The first was inspired by the book One-block Wonders by Maxine Rosenthal.   To me it is magical that a fabric that once upon a time I might have totally dismissed can be changed into a work of art.
Anyway, here is my first attempt at a One-block Wonder quilt.   It still needs backing and quilting.




My new inspiration is a quilt called Shimmering Triangles, you can see it on Craftsy, by Jenny Bowker in Australia.   I will let you know how I get on with it.

My most recent inspiration is the Millefiori quilts book by Willyne Hammerstein.   I need to buy the book and the templates for this pattern, hopefully tomorrow at the Malvern Quilt Festival.   So exciting to start new projects.   I think this one will turn out to be another "labour of love" as it is all done  in the English Hand piecing method. Wish me luck.

Hopefully lots of photos to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment